St.George's Food Market


Here in Cape Town there is a big tradition of markets, specially food markets. One of the most famous, and also one of my favorites, is in St. George's street, right in the city center of Cape Town. The market receives the name of the street in which it's settled, as you can see, so if you're travelling around Cape Town, and you want to eat while in town, you must go to St.George's street and check out the food market. You can find many different types of food, from chinese, greek, indian to local food, including cakes and desserts, spices, nibbles, juices, etc. Even though it's a "food market" you can also buy beautiful flowers for a really good price, which I highly recommend you should buy or at least have a look at. We (my mom and I) bought lovely multicolour poppies from the flower stole and for lunch I tried the chinese food and It was quite good. I bought noodles (the best!), a spring role and a mochi filled with red bean paste which I really enjoyed. The prices are very good, as per usual in South Africa, I find food very cheap in this country, which I love because I enjoy food soooo much.

The market was quite empty because of the bad weather, but usually it's very busy and has a great vibe. For those who are vegeterian, vegan or extra healthy you can buy delicious vegan or vegetarian food, an amazing variety of nuts and spices, natural juices made with fruit and veggies and gluten free desserts. As you can see, there is a big variety of products and the market suits any kind of diets or needs. You must definitely visit St. George's food market if you are in Cape Town. Here are just some quick shots I took of the food and flowers, I couldn't include all of them.














Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!
See you next time :)









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario