God Help The Girl


"A man needs to write just one genius song, one song that lives forever
 in the hearts of the populous, to make him forever divine".


"Girls sing about my life
 but they're not here
 they've got the wild life"


"When I'm waiting for someone, I like to be in tropical southeast Asia".


"I feel like Tom Sawyer. We should definitely fake our own deaths".


"Light that comes in from outside
 If you could catch it all 
And pin it to your wall
Then you would sleep much better"


"Every moment we have is actually much more important than we take it for".


 This is all my own opinion. First of all I have to say that I've been expecting this movie for a looong time and I could finally watch it about five days ago. I have already seen it twice, and I love it even more after the second time. Same happens with the OST; at first it sounded like a mess to me, but after watching the movie and actually listening to the music and lyrics I really fell in love with some songs, but I'll get there later. First, let's talk about the AMAZING cast. I new about this movie because I'm a big fan of Emily Browning, I think she's the prettiest person I have ever seen and she sings beautifully, and, of course, my best friend knows this and told me they were going to release this movie in which she was the main character together with Olly Alexander, which at first I knew as the "good-looking vampire in Penny Dreadful", and Hannah Murray, better known for her role as Cassie in Skins.

I started watching this movie just because of Emily Browning, but as the movie went on, I actually realised that the character I liked the most was James, played by Olly Alexander. James is tender and quite timid boy with glasses and asma, who plays the guitar and sings lovely; actually I was surprised because I completely loved his voice and he plays the guitar for real, which was a great thing in a musical movie as God Help The Girl. Emily Browning who playes Eve, sang beautifully, and she looked gorgeous through the whole movie, actually, I couldn't stop telling my boyfriend how beautiful she was. But, sadly I have to admit that I think Hannah Murray wasn't the right choice for this movie went it came to singing. She playes Cassie, a rich girl who takes music lessons from James and becomes friends with him and Eve. She sings with a way too high pitch, which sometimes was unbearable to hear, and when it comes to the story, she isn't that important as James or Eve. These two had deeper and more complicated roles, and Cassie was just too...flat. Not because Hannah is a bad actress, no way, she's good, It's just that I think the character she plays was a bit unnecessary and she doesn't have the right voice pitch to sing.

The music, I loved. Not at first as I said, but after listening to it properly the second time I watched the movie. You can see how the lyrics talk about Eve's life and perspective of things. Music in this movie was great, it made it much easier to understand feelings and made the characters much more sincere. I was completely amazed with Olly's voice while he sang "I Dumped You First", just loved it! And I never before had the chance to know exactly how well Emily Browning could sing. The lyrics were weird to me at first, very mundane and simple sometimes, but the words and feelings are well chosen. The music was brilliant. I specially loved "I Suppose That Was A Prayer", "God Help The Girl", "I Dumped You First", "The Psychiastrist Is In", "Pretty Eve In The Tub", "Come Monday Night", "I'll Have To Dance With Cassie" and "I Just Want Your Jeans".

Another thing I loved about this movie were the clothes, such an inspiration! I loved the british 60's vibes they had going on, and the simple make up. Chunky knits, tartan, Doc Martens, extra short dresses, paisley, polo shirts, berets and bowler hats. I got lot's of outfit ideas from this movie.

See you soon! ;)





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario